The Trustees of Winsley’s Charity have a rare opportunity to improve the gifts of Arthur Winsley and others for the benefit of today’s and future residents. We are delighted to present our exciting plans to improve our lovely community.
The Charity is committed to providing ‘homes for life’ and to ensuring these are well designed. We want to replace the 10 small Rose Bungalows (numbers 78-87) with 16 modern flats in an L-shaped building fronting Gliberd Road.
Since they were built in 1936, the small homes in the Rose Garden have been extended and upgraded, but there is limited scope for further improvement. The heating costs were high and the energy efficiency was poor. For these and other reasons, since 2019, the Trustees have supported residents of the Rose Gardens to move to other properties within Winsley’s as they became available.
The Trustees are now ready to move forward with plans to replace the bungalows with one bedroom flats in a two storey building on the current site. We aim to:
- Replace 10 small bungalows with 16 modern, larger attractive flats
- Meet current standards for access, sound and heating insulation and fire protection
- Include attractive external landscaping with raised planting and seating areas
- Be energy efficient
- Reduce the need for future maintenance
- Be designed to fit in with our historic site and to minimise impact on our neighbours
Plans are available to view in our Chapel (at number 22) Tuesday-Friday 9am-11am until 30th April